The Administrator/Property Manager will serve as chief administrator and will be responsible for the overall management of the property and business matters relating to Wellingstone Christian Homes.
The Administrator/Property Manager is directly answerable to the Board of Directors and shall in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed here respond to any relevant matters arising from time to time.
The responsibilities of the Administrator/Property Manager will encompass but are not limited to the following:
- Board of Director Meetings – prepare agenda, administrative report, financial statements (including audit and tax returns), minutes, etc., for Board of Directors
- Annual General Meeting – prepare necessary documents – notice, report, profile, year-end statements, proxy
- Annual membership renewal and fees as appropriate, issue charitable tax receipts, property tax calculations and rental letters for income tax purposes to be distributed with AGM meeting materials.
- Liaise with solicitor, auditors and other professionals
- Ensure proper records are kept and maintained as directed by the Board of Directors
- Maintain contact information of Board Directors and Board Executive
- Renew website domain as necessary
- Perform any bookkeeping and administrative functions required including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare deposits
- Maintain journals, ledgers, income statements
- Maintain financials reports and prepare budgets (operating statements) as required
- Administer payroll
- Collect and deposit monthly maintenance fees, prepare and distribute annual increase notices, pursue any arrears
- Collect and deposit laundry money
- Supervise Superintendent
- Liaise with Board of Directors on all financial matters
- Maintain confidentiality of practice
- Pay bills and secure necessary signatures in a timely fashion
- Manage cash flow and administer reserve fund account
- Manage public relations and advertising
- Collect and respond to incoming mail and emails
- Deal with issues referred by Superintendent or resident
- Maintain and manage wait list as per policy
- Interview prospective residents, conduct tour, preview lease (purchase, rental or life lease), obtain required signatures
- Manage resident files
- Communicate, prepare, distribute and collect any relevant notices, forms, and information as required
- Newsletter at the end of each month for upcoming month’s events/birthdays, etc.
- Liaise with Residents Council
- Assist with Resident Council activities as necessary
- Respond to inquiries
- Supervise superintendents, ensure weekend and vacation coverage
- Ensure daily cleaning and regular maintenance duties are performed
- Deal with maintenance issues
- Be available for emergency consultations with Superintendent
- Discuss with Board of Directors areas of concern or major repair requirements
- Inform Board of Directors of maintenance issues and resolutions
- Conduct inspections of interior and exterior buildings as required.
- Review Ontario Health and Safety regulations with staff, including Fire Safety Plan, Worker Safety and WHMIS
- Ensure compliance with regard to city and provincial bylaws, equipment inspections, e.g. fire alarms, elevators and smoke detectors
- Review and renew contracts as appropriate or request quotes from contractors
- Manage renovations to units
- Manage contracts for snow removal, grass cuttings, etc.
- Coordinate window washing, removal of A/C covers, eavestrough inspection
- Coordinate activities related to HVAC
- Coordinate Guest Suite bookings and communicate with superintendents
Reviewed January 9, 2023